Pages

Apr 5, 2015

Apple Roses


안녕!

So, this will be the first recipe on this blog. I was browsing the internet and randomly found a recipe for this adorable pastry. I thought it would be nice to bring with me to my relatives tomorrow and tried making it. I was lucky and they turned out really good. Usually I have the first pancake problem where the first try just fails....Well, not this time! 
It looks cute and is actually really easy to make. 
It's just a lot of work for only a couple of these but I think it's worth it. 

These are the Ingredients for 6 Apple Roses:
  • 1 frozen Puff Pastry sheet
  • 2-3 red apples/ it depends on big they are and how thick your slices are
  • 1/2 lemon
  • 3 Tablespoons of jam/ I used apricot cause I thought it would fit but you can use whichever you want
  • flour for the table so the pastry won't stick to it
  • Water
  • Cinnamon or powdered sugar
  • a muffin tin



Directions:
1. Take the puff pastry sheet out of the fridge and let it thaw.

2. Squeeze the lemon and put the juice in a bowl with water. 




3. Cut the apples in half, remove the corn and slice them as thin as possible. It will be hard to  roll the rose later on if they are too thick. Place the slices into the bowl of lemonwater and microwave them for about 3-4 minutes. They need to be soft enough to bend or else they will break. If you don't have a microwave you can just cook them in a pot.



4. Sprinkle the flour on the table or counter and unwrap the puff pastry. Use a rolling pin or something similar to stretch out the dough. Then cut it into 6 pieces.



5. Take another bowl and mix 3 tablespoons of jam with 2 tablespoons of water. Spread this on the dough. 



6. Take your apple slices out of the water and place them on the top part of the dough slices. 


7. Fold the lower part of the dough up.


8. Now you can carefully roll your roses. It's okay if the apple slices are more inside the dough and not open like a rose. They will spread out while baking. 

 


9. You can place the rose into a muffin cup and put them into the oven once you are done. They will have to be in the oven for 30-40 minutes. It depends on how thick your dough and your apples are. Mine were done after 30 minutes.



Now you can sprinkle powdered sugar all over them and dig in. I love apple pastries with vanilla so I made some vanilla sauce with it and it was delicious!
I'd definitely recommend you do that! 

Tell me what you think of the recipe and if you want to see more of them ^^

민아

2 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful! I adore apple as well so I will have to try this.

    {sparklesideup.com}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, have fun :3 You can link me to your post when you're done. I'd like to see the result.

      Delete

~ Leave me a comment ^w^ ~